Blonde Hair Color Tips
It is summer time Blondies and we know there is more woman out there wanting to go blond but not sure if they can.
Tips On How To Go Blonde
So many blond hair color shades to choose from and here are some tips to start.
- Best to stay two shades closer to your natural hair color when you first start dying your hair.
- Are you fair, medium or dark skinned? Your complexion will affect how your hair looks when you go blonde.
- What is your eye color? Some shades of blonde are best with blue, green or hazel eyes, while other blonde hues look best with big brown or black eyes.
- Do you want a natural, sun-kissed look? Or do you want in-your-face blonde style?
- Maintain the blond color by going to the hair salon every few months and using the correct products in between.
Tips On How To Maintain The Blonde Shade
- Keep it hydrated - Deep treatments/hair masks are great to restore the moisture stripped from your hair during coloring. Also can help prevent further breakage from dry ends.
- Protect it from the heat - Try air dry your hair and if you simply cannot go without a blow dry then use a heat protectant spray when styling your hair. And add a once a week deep cleansing treatment.
- Keep it out the sun - Yes we all know how strong Australian sun can be. Harmful UV rays can dry out your locks, and turn your beautiful blonde shade a brassy shade of orange. Next time put a pretty hat on blondie!
Make it last - Let's face it over time your tone will fade. To help make your color last, We recommend Booking into your salon to get a toner done about every 3 weeks and a color renew every 5/6 weeks.
As many have learned in school, the shade purple is directly opposite of the shade yellow on the color wheel. This means that when the purple pigments within the shampoo are absorbed by your hair follicle, it then covers and cancels out any warm yellow tones within your hair.
Remember that the most important thing to do when dying your hair blonde is to seek the help of your stylist. A good colorist knows how to color any color of hair blonde, and can save you the grief of a bad color outcome.
Light Blonde Hair
Platinum blonde hair color is the lightest of all the blonde shades, and is best on fair skin tones or medium skin tones with a yellowish tint.
Light ash blonde hair color is a whiter shade of blonde that has an ashy, or gray, tint.
Natural blonde - blonde hair that looks like you were born with it.
Strawberry blonde hair color is a warm reddish-blonde hue that can have all the colors of a sunset in it.
Buttery blonde hair color is a warm hue with splashes of honey-yellow.
Beige blonde hair color is a darker base with lighter, cooler highlights.
Silver blonde hair color is a cool, ashy shade that moves blonde hair into a sterling hue.
Summer blonde hair color is a flaxen hue that can be achieved with a sandy base and sunny highlights.
Creamy blonde hair color is a cool, whiter shade of blonde.
Medium Blonde Hair Color Shades
Dirty blonde hair color is a medium-hued blonde with tones of wheat, or, well, “dirt” color strewn throughout.
Honey blonde hair color is warm and shiny
Bronze creamy blonde hair color is a warm, beachy-looking hue.
Golden blonde hair color is a natural-looking, multidimensional mix of butter, gold and honey hues.
Ash blonde hair color is a darker, cooler shade of silvery blonde.
Sandy blonde hair color is rich, warm and subtle.
Auburn blonde hair color is strawberry blonde with a tangerine twist.
Copper blonde hair color is a luminous darker golden hue with amber undertones.
Dark Blonde Hair Color Shades
Brownish blonde, also known as “bronde” hair color is a warm, natural-looking blonde hue.
Cherry Blonde Hair Color is a vivid fuchsia-toned berry color over a darker base.
Caramel blonde hair color is a light golden brown or dark iridescent blonde color.
Black blonde hair color is generally reserved for dramatic styles involving blonde hair color and black hair color worn together.
Dark reddish-brown blonde hair color is a stunning blend of blondes, browns and reds used on a dark base.
Chocolate blonde hair color is a darker shade of caramel blonde that looks warm and stunning with golden highlights.
Chestnut blonde hair color is typically a mix of darker hair with golden highlights.